Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday, November 3

It was an exciting day.  I got to school with about 8 minutes to gather all the supplies for the cooking class, gather the students, find the keys to the room, and figure out if we actually had all the utensils and such we'd need.  Any day that starts with that sort of energy is bound to be busy.

I started my day in the foods room, and ended it there, doing inventory and throwing out things that had expired over four years ago.  There was one thing of food colouring from 1998.  Yikes.  I wasn't prepared for this level of work when I offered to teach this class.  I thought I'd be going in to a fully stocked kitchen, and all I'd have to do is submit my food/supply order the week before.  Now I find myself washing everything in the room, doing inventory and hoping the cockroaches stay hidden.  The class itself is good, minus one whiner who likes to argue with me, but hey.  He'll learn.

I used my new messenger bag today.  Works like a charm.  I think I'll be taking it to Manuel Antonio this weekend, and again to Puerto Viejo in three weeks.  All this traveling; it's more than I did all year last year.  Perhaps I feel I need to do these things now, just in case.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment