Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday, October 31

My dad likes to watch the Weather Network.  Not long after I left for university, he and Mom installed a satellite dish, and with that came the WN.  When I say he likes to watch it, I mean it's always on; either that or the Business News Network.  Yup, really exciting in the Graas household.  Anyway...

My dad likes to watch the Weather Network and give me updates on where I live.  He's figured out how to get the interactive menu to show him  San Jose, which he likes to pronounce exactly how it's spelled, "San Joe's".  Yesterday, it was supposed to rain, and today the channel was calling for heavy rain.  I'm not a meteorologist, but I'm pretty sure I could have predicted that.  Welcome to Costa Rica in the winter, after all.

Best part?  The meteorologists were WRONG!  Yes, it did rain on Sunday, but it was nothing compared to what we have been receiving, and today it didn't rain until after dark!  It was a highlight of a really long day spent teaching and nursing a sore throat.

And don't get me wrong.  I love the fact that my dad cares enough to look up my weather.  I love how he knows how to say San Jose, but makes a joke out of it every time.  I'm proud that he was brave enough to come visit without knowing the customs or the language.  I might roll my eyes, and groan at his corny jokes, but he's a pretty awesome guy.

Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment