Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saturday, October 29

Today was market day.  The market in Guadelupe is within walking distance (in my opinion) of my home, so when I need to stock up on vegetables and fruit, I head there on Saturday mornings.  I like thinking that I'm supporting local growers and such.  I honestly don't know if all of them grow their own stuff, or if some of it is bought from the supermarket by case lot, but most seems to be plucked from the ground no more than a day ago.  Carrots, onions (red and yellow), baby potatoes, peppers, apples...I now have plenty to cook and prepare with.    I still get my meat at the supermarket, though it's offered at the feria.  I just haven't been brave enough to chance that.

I also took Cassie to the vet this morning.  She wasn't ill, far from it.  She's almost a year old, so it was time for inoculations and another rabies shot.  I wasn't popular after that, but she likes me more than the vet!  I'm okay with not being popular, especially when I know what I'm doing it the best thing for her.  Funny how that works with people, too.  

Oh, and it was a different vet today.  A young man doing an internship saw Cassie.  He spoke pretty good English, and looked pretty good too!  Cassie may not be impressed, but I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment